Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Fashion Meets Interior Design: Brown Brown, Blue

It’s no surprise that Interior Design and Fashion influence each other greatly. I find inspiration in just about anything when it comes to my designs. When I design, whether it's a clothing item, or a fashion accessory, I find myself drawing from inspiration from the design of an interior space or an architectural element. I can also say the same thing for when I design an interior space. I refer to fashion trends, or perhaps a type of fabric or pattern. The use of fabric, intricate details, accessories, color, and style, are just a few of the many things that these two industries have in common, along with many other creative components.


For this blog post, I would like to show you an example of how an interior space can influence fashion. The image of the bedroom below is a bedroom designed by Sabrina Soto of HGTV's High/Low Project. The use of the powder blue against the rich dark brown gives this 1940s inspired bedroom a delicate, yet bold appearance. I wanted to recreate that look by styling an outfit using the same colors and textures used in this pretty blue and brown bedroom. I looked in my closet and found a powder blue blouse that I had bought a few months ago. I thought it was perfect for achieving the look of this room. It is the perfect shade of blue, and the abstract print reminded me of the two large flower-like wall art pieces that hang above the bed. I paired it up with brown leggings, a vintage brown leather belt and boots. I also added a bit of glitz to the outfit with my large blue stone ring and chandelier earrings.

Take a look at the images below to see what I came up with.



Earrings: H&M | Blouse and Ring: Forever 21 | Belt: Vintage | Leggings: TJMaxx | Boots: Target

Do you think I achieved the delicate look of the room with this outfit?

I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for more on this topic of Fashion meets Interior Design and as always, remember to stay beautiful inside and out! 

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable, I love the boots, so nice!

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete